What is Easy English?
Writing for people who do not have functional literacy.
Easy English is:-
- Writing in everyday words
- Using simple sentence structure
- Supporting the messages with meaningful and clear images
- Having functional consumer reviews of products and company information
- Being clear about marketing versus information messages.
Are your customers or clients able
to follow your information?
Does your customer or client
- know when repayments need to happen?
- understand the fees to be charged and why?
- know how to avoid extra charges?
- understand what they are purchasing?
- know when returns can occur, and under what circumstances?
- know how to give feedback or make a complaint?
Did you know….?
It is harder to read and understand information:
- about how to set up a new product. Think about the last time you had to build something from a “Flat pack.”
- related to medical information. Think about reading about warning signs of a medical condition.
- that includes numerical information. Like the words many, some, lots, times 2, take 4, in 2 weeks.