Everyone can benefit from access to Easy English
Some people can benefit more....
Think about people with
- acquired disabilities. Eg: after a stroke, head injury or after a car accident;
- lifelong disabilities. Eg: someone with Down’s Syndrome, Intellectual Disability or Autism;
- poor educational outcomes;
- psychiatric or mental illness;
- dyslexia. i.e. Someone who has difficulty interpreting, reading and understanding the written word;
- early school leavers;
- older people;
- different cultural backgrounds. Eg: someone speaks English as a second language;
- hearing impaired and/or people from the Deaf community.
Also think about people who are:
- sick or ill;
- time poor;
- caring for other people.
- people on working visas;
- people on student visas, etc.